- ST. JOHN’S MARK LODGE, No. 1029, meeting at the Masonic Temple, Torquay (Double Keystone Lodge) – Date of Warrant – 7th June 1945.
- THE ASHBURTON MARK LODGE, No. 1038, meeting at the Masonic Hall, Ashburton (Triple Keystone Lodge) – Date of Warrant – 18th October 1945.
- EXON MARK LODGE, No. 1075, meeting at the Freemasons’ Hall, Exeter (Triple Keystone Lodge) – Date of Warrant – 4th February 1947.
- MANADON MARK LODGE, No. 1076, meeting at the Masonic Hall, Crownhill, Plymouth (Triple Keystone Lodge) – Date of Warrant – 3rd March 1947.
- PLYMPTON ERLE MARK LODGE, No. 1100, meeting at the Masonic Hall, Plympton, Plymouth (Triple Keystone Lodge) – Date of Warrant – 10th February 1948.
- THE LODGE OF ST. SIMON MARK MASTER, No. 1116, meeting at the St. Aubyn Masonic Hall, Stoke, Plymouth (Triple Keystone Lodge) – Date of Warrant – 19th July 1948.
- DE LA POLE LODGE OF ROYAL ARK MARINERS, No. 372, meeting at the Masonic Hall, Sidmouth (Keystone Lodge) – Date of Warrant – 2nd September 1948.
- TRUE LOVE AND UNITY MARK LODGE, No.1159, meeting at the Masonic Hall, Brixham (Triple Keystone Lodge) – Date of Warrant – 27th December 1951.
- LODGE OF THE WESTGATE MARK MASTER MASONS, No. 1180, meeting at the Masonic Hall, Barnstaple (Keystone Lodge) – Date of Warrant – 18th February 1954.
- BENEVOLENCE MARK LODGE, No. 1264, meeting at the Masonic Hall, Bideford (Triple Keystone Lodge) – Date of Warrant – 21st May 1962.
- LEWIS MARK LODGE, No. 1284, meeting at the Masonic Temple, St. Marychurch, Torquay (Triple Keystone Lodge) – Date of Warrant – 14th January 1964.
- ROYAL ARK MARINERS RUSSELL, No. 23, meeting at the Freemasons’ Hall, Tavistock (Keystone Lodge) – Date of Warrant – 3rd February 1966.
Following the resignation of R W Bro George Sydney Strode, there were two nominations for a successor, V W Bro Col C B Spencer, OBE, TD, Past Grand Overseer, Provincial Grand Secretary and W Bro Vice-Admiral L W Braithwaite, CMG, Grand Sword Bearer, Past Provincial Grand Warden.
V W Bro C B Spencer was successful and was installed at a meeting held on 13th January 1944, at the Washington-Singer Hall of the University College of the South West in Exeter.
Following his investiture, the Provincial Grand Master appointed W Bro James Henry Knight, GJD, as the Deputy Provincial Grand Master.
R W Bro Spencer first saw the light of Masonry in 1915 during the First World War; he was installed Provincial Grand Master in the Second World War.
In the first six years of his tenure, he visited each of the thirty seven lodges in the Province at least once and then set himself the target of installing one Master in each Lodge.
In 1946, V W Bro Brig R Rossall Sandford, CBE, MC, TD, Grand Senior Overseer, succeeded W Bro Knight as the Deputy Provincial Grand Master.
During the twenty two years that R W Bro Spencer reigned as the PGM, ten new Lodges were Warranted, namely: St. John’s Mark Lodge No. 1029, the Ashburton Mark Lodge No. 1038, Exon Mark Lodge No. 1079, Manadon Mark Lodge No. 1076, Plympton Erle Mark Lodge No. 1100, The Lodge of Saint Simon MMM’s No. 1116, Lodge of the West Gate MMM’s No. 1180, Benevolence Mark Lodge No. 1264 and Lewis Mark Lodge No. 1284. Together with one Royal Ark Mariner Lodge, namely the De La Pole RAM No. 372.
By 1948 there were thirty seven Lodges in the Province but the Provincial Grand Master made the comment that there was room for one or two more in North Devon. However, it was not until 1954 that the Lodge of the West Gate, No. 1180 was consecrated at Barnstaple.
In 1950 the R W Bro Maj G S Strode Strode, Past Provincial Grand Master, passed to the Grand Lodge above; one of his ambitions had been to see Mark Master Masons number 2,000 in the Province. When he relinquished office, the membership fell just short thereof, but in the year of his death, the total was in excess of 2,300.
In 1951 the whole nation mourned the passing of King George VI, the father of Queen Elizabeth II, he was not only a wise King but also a Mark Mason ... he was the first sovereign to refuse to give up Freemasonry upon his succession.
As the Duke of York he was the Senior Warden in Grand Mark Lodge in 1929 and was appointed Provincial Grand Master of Middlesex in 1931, an office he occupied for six years; after his accession he was appointed Past Grand Master.
In 1954 V W Bro Brig Sandford retired through ill health, he had been Deputy Provincial Grand Master for ten years ... he retained his keen interest in Mark Masonry up until his death in 1963.
The new Deputy Provincial Grand Master was W Bro Dr Charles Wroth.
When the Province celebrated its Centenary in 1957, Dr Wroth was promoted to Past Grand Junior Overseer.
He served as Deputy Provincial Grand Master for 14 years.
In 1955 the Provincial Grand Lodge meeting was held at South Molton under the banner of the Senior Lodge in the Province, Fortescue No. 9, the Province had last met there twenty seven years previously when the Provincial Grand Master had attended as the Worshipful Master of Sir Francis Drake Lodge No. 617.
The membership, having passed the 2,000 mark in the centenary year, peaked to 2,361 shortly thereafter, from then on however there was a steady decline, particularly with lodges in the Plymouth area ... the PGM took up the challenge and appealed for more enthusiasm, particularly from the Masters. The entreaty achieved its objective, the downward trend was reversed and by 1966, membership totalled 2,459.
In 1958 both Russell Lodge No. 23 and Sincerity Lodge No. 35 celebrated their centenaries.
On the 17th June 1959, the Provincial Grand Master completed 40 years as a Mark Master Mason.
1960 saw the Brunswick Lodge No. 48 and St. John Lodge No. 50 celebrate their centenaries.
In 1961 the Provincial Grand Lodge met at Barnstaple under the banner of the Lodge of he West Gate No. 1180, no doubt as a recognition for the progress it had made since its consecration seven years before, and, no doubt, to encourage more representation in North Devon ... and it worked.
1962 saw the Benevolence Lodge of MMM’s No. 1264 consecrated at Bideford on 15th December 1962.
Provincial Grand Lodge was held at Exmouth in 1962 and the Provincial Grand Master presided even though he was recovering from illness.
On this occasion W Bro C O Holland, who was eventually to become Deputy Provincial Grand Master, was invested as Treasurer.
In 1963, as part of their centenary celebrations, St. Aubyn Lodge No. 64, was chosen to host Provincial Grand Lodge. Among those attending was the Worshipful Master of Athelstan Mark Lodge No. 958, he was then the Deputy Provincial Grand Master of Devonshire in the Craft, one W Bro W A Kneel.
Among those receiving Grand Rank was W Bro Col F W Dewhurst, who was invested as Grand Sword Bearer.
In those days it was the custom for the Worshipful Master in each Lodge to stand and report on the state and progress of his Lodge to the Provincial Grand Master at Provincial Grand Lodge.
It was a unique occasion for the Worshipful Master of Sir Francis Drake Lodge, R W Bro Col E Parry Morgan who had been installed as the Provincial Grand Master for Cornwall on 23rd April.
In 1964 the rank of Past Provincial Grand Senior Warden of Devonshire was conferred on R W Bro Morgan.
On the 1st October 1963, Rt W Bro Spencer reached a milestone in his Masonic career ... he celebrated 20 years as the Provincial Grand Master.
In April 1964 the Provincial Grand Master consecrated the Lewis Lodge of MMM’s No. 1284, Torquay.
On the 30th November 1966, R W Bro Charles Beechy Spencer retire as the Provincial Grand Master having completed 23 years in that high Office, his health was failing ... he passed to the Grand Lodge above in June the following year.